Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beginning sounds

I saw this idea at a learning store and knew that I could make it myself for much cheaper!

Things I took into consideration:
  • I chose picture-word that I KNEW the kids would have no trouble identifying (so they wouldn't need my help all the time). 
  • I also made sure that the clip art I chose CLEARLY identified what the word is. All you need are letters! These are magnetic letters but I don't have them on a magnetic surface in this station - you could adapt it though.


I make sure not to give them too many to figure out otherwise they become frustrated and want to quit. Because the kids are working on this station independently I try to make sure the activity will keep their attention.


What are stations? Stations are activities that I've found/created for kids to use independently while I'm working with another set of students. The topics of the stations generally build on a topic that we've already learned about in class so there isn't a lot of new teaching that needs to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know about Lips the Fish? He is great for teaching beginning sounds. I have some *freebies* with him on my blog that I would love for you to come check out! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete