Friday, May 18, 2012

Cookie sheet numbers

This station is super simple!

You'll need:
  • Cookie sheets (that magnets stick to)
  • Puff balls
  • Magnets
  • Magnetic numbers
  • Hot glue gun
I purchased magnetic dots from Lakeshore Learning http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca|searchResults~~p|FG206~~.jsp which made this project much easier but you could cut small pieces from magnet sheets or strips.

Even though the magnetic dots were sticky eventually the puffs pulled off so I glued them on. Hence the hot glue gun.

I found the cookie sheets at a dollar store! $1 each! Perfect!


This is a great way to get kids to practice matching numbers to amounts!

What are stations? Stations are activities that I've found/created for kids to use independently while I'm working with another set of students. The topics of the stations generally build on a topic that we've already learned about in class so there isn't a lot of new teaching that needs to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! =)

    I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. I am a new follower to your blog and think it is great. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete