Friday, May 18, 2012

Painting with String

Another idea from Pintrest!

You'll need:
  • pans/plates - larger size
  • paint
  • yarn
  • construction paper
Cut the string into about 5 inch pieces. At first I started with longer strings but I found that the kids needed more room to move the string over the paper than I had. So the shorter the better.

I put 2 or 3 strings on a plate and put the paint on top of the string. This was the quickest way to get the strings covered and allowed the kids to see progress right away.

I made sure the kids had enough room to run the string over the paper without bumping into their neighbor. I put them into little groups so they can share paint colors.

Then I let them PAINT!











The finished products!




WHAT I WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME:
Some of the kids were uncomfortable with getting their fingers messy (weird!) so I would clip a clothes pin on the end of each string so they have something to grab the string with =)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like fun too!

    I love the fun ideas you share! I would love for you come read about the cooking we did with Chef Ad J. Tive.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete