Friday, May 11, 2012

SWAT

I found this idea on Pintrest (see my "I tried it and they loved it" board). There are many GREAT things about this activity:

  1. It can be used to review any number of topics (phonics sounds, sight words, opposites, etc)
  2. It uses simple materials
  3. It is different than any other review activity I do!
What you'll need:
  • 1 fly swatter for each student
  • larger sheets of paper/construction paper
Print out pictures of whatever topics you'd like to review. I chose telling time to the hour on one side and opposites on the other side. Glue the pictures to the paper leaving room in between each picture so they can be more accurate with their swapping.



Today we tried the clocks for the first time!! Each child received a fly swatter and a paper. First, I let them all practice swatting the clocks at random so they could get some curious energy out right away. Then, when I called out the time they had to look at their paper and if they have the correct clock, SWAT it!

The whole class.



They helped each other.









This activity was a little chaotic at times but it certainly was a new way for my students to show what they know!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! If you have a Smartboard you can create things like this easily with some really neat effects when they swat the correct answer.

    I now officially follow you and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete